Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Introducing...

I have read so many mommy blogs since I found out I was pregnant in August 2012. I read blogs about mommys who home school. I read blogs about mommys who stay at home. I read blogs about mommys who are vegan. And although each blog I read was about a different journey they all had one thing in common...Mommys who were embarking on some amazing journeys with their family. I found strength in these blogs and so I decided in 2014 I would share my journey as it unfolds and who knows someone may find strength through my journey.

Introducing...Mommy at the teacher's desk

I am a mommy and I am a special education teacher. Every week day I wake up at 4:30am (when I don't over sleep my alarm) in order to start my daily journey of being the mommy at the teacher's desk. With the hustle and bustle of throwing bottles, baby food, and bibs in a bag, dressing baby, and attempting to clothe myself in the most decent way I know how, I somehow manage to make it out of the house at 6:30am with my beautiful bouncing boy on his way to daycare (thanks to the best hubby in the world). Ready to take on the day I greet my students and their parents at 7:45 am all the while wondering what my 8 month old is doing. Is he having fun with his daycare pals? Is he zooming around in his walker? Then I am jolted back to the moment at hand when one of my students gives me a bear hug with a smile that says, "I'm ready to tell you all about my weekend." While listening to my students weekend story I cant help but realize that my new role of mommy has crept into my profession. I feel overwhelmingly honored that someone has trusted me with their child everyday. For the past four years I have been Mrs. Young at the teacher's desk but now I realize that the role of mommy has followed me. I am now the mommy at the teacher's desk, and it is like I am looking at everything through a new set of eyes. I have had an interesting journey thus far and I hope you will join me as I uncover more aha moments, shed more tears, and give out more hugs as the Mommy at the teacher's desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment